Oklahoma City University, Oklahoma City, OK
- Master of Science in Criminology
- Cumulative GPA: 4.0
- Research topics of interest criminal behavior, crime victims and ethics in policing
- Master’s Thesis on defining key terms of solving a crime and application to high-profile criminal cases
Missouri Southern State University, Joplin, MO
- Bachelor of Arts in Communications, minor in Psychology
- Cumulative GPA: 4.0
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude, Outstanding Graduate in Mass Communications
KOKH-TV (FOX), Oklahoma City, OK
- Investigative Reporter (April 2011 – Present)
- Focused on corruption, cover ups and holding the powerful accountable.
- Heartland Emmy Award for half-hour special on Civil Asset Forfeiture
- Oklahoma Association of Broadcasters winner for Investigative Reporting.
- Three-time Investigative Reporting First Place awards from the Oklahoma Associated Press
- First place feature news reporter – Oklahoma Associated Press: “Final Act of Service”
- Emmy-nominated Investigative half-hour special “What’s In Our Water”
- Continued practicing news videography and editing as needed
- Multimedia Journalist (March 2010 – April 2011)
- General assignment reporting
- Shot, wrote and edited news stories
- Maintained and grew contacts withing the community
- Reporter/Producer (March 2007 – Present):
- General Assignment Reporter
- Technology Team Leader
- Produced weekend newscasts and assisted in producing duties during the weekdays
WHO – TV (NBC), Des Moines, IA
- Assignment Editor (August 2005 – February 2007):
- Managed news crews, assigned stories, maintained files, monitored scanners, maintained contacts and gathered information for all newscasts.
- Coordinated online/on-air political coverage for 2006 election.
- Assisted in adding content to website, and filled in as web producer
- Reported occasionally for weekend morning and evening newscast.
- News Producer (February 2005 – August 2005):
- Produced weekend evening newscasts and worked on top-rated morning show.
- Work to develop story ideas for weekend newscasts as well as plan and set up interviews.
- Additional Duties:
- Worked as photojournalist as needed to shoot and edit on evenings and weekends.
- Trained to shoot video from news helicopter.
- Proficient in the use of Avid i-News and Avid Newscutter.
- Some sniper training
- Full working knowledge of AVID editing and newsroom programs
- Graduate of the FBI Citizen’s Academy
- Data collection and analysis
- Frequent winner of “Spookiest” dish at station Halloween potluck
References available upon request.